Google Pay makes shopping faster and safer – Pay with your cards right from your Android™ device.
If you’re using an Android™ mobile device, there’s now a way to make shopping with your Goldmark FCU cards easier than ever. Google Pay™ lets you seamlessly tap and pay with your device within apps, and at more than one million stores in the U.S. – with more locations being added every day.
To use Google Pay in a store, simply unlock your mobile device, hold it near the contactless terminal, and your payment will be complete. A notification with a receipt showing transaction details will arrive shortly afterwards.
Google Pay makes shopping more secure because it doesn’t send your actual credit or debit card number with your payment. Instead, it uses a digital account number that keeps your card details safe.
You’re also protected if you happen to lose your device. Log into the online Android Device Manager and you’ll be able to instantly lock your phone or tablet from anywhere. Android Device Manager lets you secure it with a new password or wipe it clean of all your personal information as well.
Google Pay works with all devices using Android 4.4 (KitKat) or higher, and which support NFC (Near Field Communication) and HCE (Host Card Emulation). Adding your cards to the app is easy. If your device doesn’t already have Google Pay installed, free downloads are available at Google Play™.
Google Pay Frequently Asked Questions
Google Pay™ is a free app that allows you to pay with your Goldmark FCU card with a tap of your phone while enjoying the same benefits and protection of your physical card. Add an eligible credit card and you’re ready to tap and pay for purchases. Use Google Pay™ in participating mobile apps and anywhere contactless payments are accepted.
To learn more, visit www.support.google.com/googlepay.
Yes. Google Pay has a number of security features:
- Your physical card number is not stored on your phone
- Just like a contactless transaction with your Goldmark FCU card, Google Pay will not work for purchases over $200 unless you enter your PIN at the terminal (there is a daily spend limit of $1050 when using Google Pay)
- If your phone is ever lost or stolen, you can use Android Device Manager to instantly lock your device, or even wipe it clean of any personal information
- You will continue to enjoy $0 liability for unauthorized transactions the same as when using your physical card
You can get the Google Pay app from Google Play for free if you have:
- An Android Pay compatible smartphone with NFC technology that lets your phone transmit data to the payment terminal at checkout
- Android Lollipop 5.1 or above operating system
All smartphones that are enabled with NFC technology, have Android Lollipop 5.0 or above operating system and have an Australian carrier, are compatible with Google Pay.
- Wake your phone by tapping the home or power button
- Hold the back of your smartphone over the contactless symbol at checkout when prompted by the cashier
- If the transaction is over $200 you will need to enter your card PIN at the terminal
- Confirm with the merchant that the Google Pay transaction has been accepted and collect your receipt
- To make a purchase in a mobile app, select Google Pay at checkout. Your Goldmark FCU card and address details will be automatically added
Android, Google Pay™, and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google LLC.